CONAN THE AVENGER #1 (Fred Van Lente / Brian Ching)

CONAN THE AVENGER #1 (Fred Van Lente / Brian Ching)

Messagepar Jack! » 12 Oct 2013, 12:42

Après la mini-série "Conan: People of the Black Circle", le scénariste Fred Van Lente (Magnus: Robot Fighter, Archer & Armstrong) prendra la suite de Brian Wood sur la série régulière "Conan The Barbarian" tandis que Wood déménage sur le crossover évènement Conan/Red Sonja - Red Sonja/Conan avec la scénariste Gail Simone.

Le premier numéro de Van Lente sur la série sera "Conan The Barbarian #26" qui sortira en mars. Aucun dessinateur n'a été annoncé pour le moment.

Fred Van Lente a écrit:The Dark Horse "Conan" series follows a very specific chronology of the original stories exhaustively laid out by Howard scholar Dale Rippke commonly called "Dark Storm." So there's not a lot of choice involved. [Laughs] I'm following the same path followed by Kurt, Tim Truman, Mike Mignola, Roy Thomas, Brian, the rest of the DH writers. What Carter and Camp called "The Snout in the Dark" follows out of "Queen of the Black Coast."

That said, I'm not going to follow the Camp and Carter story -- I'm sticking with Howard's original story outline, which is a page and a half long, and the few chapters he finished, which takes us about to the halfway point of what he mapped out. The rest will be me.

INTERVIEW DU SCÉNARISTE FRED VAN LENTE

Lien
le site de l'éditeur: www.darkhorse.com
Le blog du dessinateur: brianching.blogspot.fr

Re: CONAN THE BARBARIAN #26 (Fred Van Lente / ???)

Messagepar KabFC » 12 Oct 2013, 13:29

Il est partout en ce moment le Fred Van Lente.
"On est jamais tout seul quand on a un canard en plastique"
Le capitaine de l'Arche B

Messagepar Jack! » 13 Oct 2013, 10:00

Fred Van Lente a écrit:The story that I’m doing is based on fragments, it’s about a page and a half outline that was finished by Carter and de Camp and they called it “Snout in the Dark.” I’m not 100% sold on that title. My preference would be for it to be called “The Witch-Hunter of Kush,” which is much more the main thrust of the story. Conan ends up as a broken man because of the events of “Queen of the Black Coast” and how it ends, in the capital of Kush, drinking himself to oblivion. From the bottom of this pit that he’s fallen into, he has to literally and figuratively crawl out of it and become Conan the badass again, and he gets sucked into royal intrigue. There’s literally a witch hunt going on, where someone is casting curses and summoning monsters. It’s got a lot of emotion and sorcery and intrigue, all the things that make Conan awesome.

Messagepar Jack! » 21 Jan 2014, 12:26

Contrairement a ce qui a été annoncé, Fred Van Lente ne reprend pas la série "Conan The Barbarian" mais la relancera sous le titre "Conan The Avenger". L'histoire se déroule pourtant après les évènements de la série de Brian Wood.

Ayant mis un terme à sa carrière de pirate suite à la mort de sa bien aimée, Conan écume les bars jusqu'à ce qu'une affaire de magie noire le ramène sur les sentiers de la vengeance.
C'est le dessinateur Brian Ching qui se chargera de la partie graphique de cette nouvelle série tandis que Ian McCaig et Philip Tan signent les couvertures:

You know, I had never read a single Robert E. Howard story before Dark Horse asked me to adapt "People of the Black Circle" with Ariel Olivetti. But I quickly devoured them, and fell completely in love. Once I got hired to do the regular series, I read the entire Dark Horse run. There are some great comics in there.

I also really enjoyed Brian Wood's run, his emphasis on giving Belit and Conan equal weight. She'll still be a presence in this book -- how, I probably shouldn't give away for fear of spoilers -- so fans of that run should definitely stick around for this one.

That said, however, Brian is obviously no big fan of monsters and magic. I love monsters and magic, so there's going to ample helpings of both in these arcs. And, of course, the kind of exciting action and swordplay we've come to expect from a "Conan" comic.

Re: CONAN THE AVENGER #1 (Fred Van Lente / Brian Ching)

Messagepar Jack! » Hier, 08:49

CONAN THE AVENGER #1
Written by: Fred Van Lente.
Art by: Brian Ching.
Cover by: Iain McCaig.
Description: Nursing his broken heart, Conan drinks himself into a stupor in the troubled city of Shumballa -- until a brazen act of thievery launches the Cimmerian into a wild hunt and a supernatural adventure!
Pages: 32.
Price: $3.50.
In stores: April 23.

Source: http://www.comicscontinuum.com

Retourner vers Dark Horse